Dental hygiene is essential for your oral health. Your Mississauga dentist can tell you tips on how to maintain good oral hygiene to prevent serious dental issues.
If you want to prevent the issues mentioned above, here are some tips your Mississauga dentist would advise you do to maintain dental restorations:
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums over time
- Receiving fluoride treatment and using fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash, or drinking fluoride-containing water, to prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay and help repair teeth
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas
- Flossing at least once before bed will remove food debris.
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea.
There are several procedures you may need to restore the health and function of your smile:
- Root canal therapy: A dental restoration needed when someone has an infected or inflamed tooth that needs to be cleaned, disinfected, and sealed
- Dental implants: Another restorative procedure that replaces your tooth root with a titanium post when you've suffered from tooth loss.
- Veneers: These porcelain restorations are similar to crowns but they are cemented on the surface of teeth to hide unappealing issues like crack, dents, and yellowed teeth.
- Crowns: These are dental caps that fit over weak and/or unsightly teeth to improve your smile and reinforce teeth that are weakened due to dental restorations or dislodged fillings.
- Bridges: This restoration is similar to dental implants but it doesn't replace a tooth root, just the gap left from losing a tooth.