Do you feel alone in your oral health problems? Well, you shouldn't! The Canadian Dental Association reports that while decay and tooth loss have decreased over the past 40 years, they still happen. In other words, many North Americans have smile gaps from tooth decay, periodontal disease, traumatic injury, or congenital absence of teeth. At Creditview Dental in Mississauga, Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa fill unsightly and unhealthy gaps with modern dental implants so you can have a complete and functional smile.
The dental implant
Dental implants are a wonder of modern dentistry because not only does they look and act like a real tooth, they also preserve the jaw by exercising the bone every time you bite and chew. This happens by what dentists call osseointegration, a marvelous process whereby human bone bonds to the titanium implant screw. No other metal attracts bone the way titanium does.
Additionally, dental implants may be placed in multiples to support dentures and bridges or they may attach to metal rods inserted into the jaw. Either way, dental implants are super stable and generally last for many decades.
Qualifyng for dental implants
Dr. Kaplansky or Dr. Randhawa may recommend dental implants to their Mississauga patients who have healthy gums, sufficient bone in their jaws, and good overall health. Visual inspection and X-rays give you and your dentist the information you need to make an informed decision about tooth replacement.
If you decide on dental implants, you'll enjoy a comfortable oral surgery right at Creditview Dental. Typically, patients need only simple local anesthetic as the dentist opens the gums and inserts the titanium implant into a pre-drilled hole in the bone. After some weeks of healing (and osseointegration), the site is ready for the metal abutment, which extends above the gum line, and a lifelike porcelain crown.
Denture patients, you should know that Creditview Dental offers mini-implants (MDIs) as well. Inserted in multiples, these devices are about half the size of standard implants and require less bone to be functional. They provide exceptional stability for full dentures, allowing patients to enjoy their favorite foods without adhesives or slippage of any kind.
Close those gaps
Your dentists at Creditview Dental in Mississauga, ON, have a great track record in closing gaps and creating beautiful, durable and healthy smiles. Consult them regarding your tooth replacement options. Call today for an appointment: (905) 826-4929.
Need advice from your Mississauga dentist?
Dental hygiene is essential for your oral health. Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa can tell you tips on how to maintain good oral hygiene to prevent serious dental issues.
If you want to prevent the issues mentioned above, here are some tips your Mississauga dentist would advise you do to maintain dental restorations:
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums over time
- Receiving fluoride treatment and using fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash, or drinking fluoride-containing water, to prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay and help repair teeth
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas
- Flossing at least once before bed will remove food debris.
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea.
There are several procedures you may need to restore the health and function of your smile:
- Root canal therapy: A dental restoration needed when someone has an infected or inflamed tooth that needs to be cleaned, disinfected, and sealed
- Dental implants: Another restorative procedure that replaces your tooth root with a titanium post when you've suffered from tooth loss.
- Veneers: These porcelain restorations are similar to crowns but they are cemented on the surface of teeth to hide unappealing issues like crack, dents, and yellowed teeth.
- Crowns: These are dental caps that fit over weak and/or unsightly teeth to improve your smile and reinforce teeth that are weakened due to dental restorations or dislodged fillings.
- Bridges: This restoration is similar to dental implants but it doesn't replace a tooth root, just the gap left from losing a tooth.
Severe dental issues may result if you don't maintain a healthy dental remedy. If you have any questions, or concerns, about good oral hygiene habits and taking care of your dental restorations, just call Dr. Kaplansky and Dr. Randhawa at their Mississauga, ON, office today!
Have you ever wondered how Invisalign treatment straightens teeth without wires and brackets? Mississauga, ON, dentists Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa explain how the Invisalign process work and share some benefits of the innovative orthodontic treatment option.
Consistent pressure is the key
Changing the alignment of your teeth requires constant, gentle pressure. Adding a system of wires and brackets to the teeth is the time-honored way to correct orthodontic issues, but it's no longer the only option. When you wear wire or ceramic braces, subtle adjustments to the wires every four to six weeks help keep your treatment on schedule.
Because there are no wires with Invisalign, there's no need for adjustments. The Invisalign system uses removable aligner trays made out of clear plastic to realign your teeth. Your trays are designed based on a digital impression of your mouth. We'll consult a 3D image to create a series of trays that will address your bite, alignment or spacing issues.
Each tray in the set is designed to be worn for two weeks. Once you reach the end of the two-week period, you'll swap the set you've been wearing for a new set of trays. Trays should be worn for 20 to 22 hours per day.
Invisalign offers important benefits
If you choose Invisalign treatment, you'll enjoy these advantages:
- Your appearance won't change when you wear your trays. Unlike metal or ceramic braces, Invisalign trays are virtually invisible.
- Improved Comfort: Pain after adjustments and cut lips or cheeks due to loose wires, common problems when you wear metal or ceramic braces, aren't an issue with Invisalign.
- Convenience: You'll immediately regret your choice if you eat popcorn or another forbidden food when you wear traditional braces. Sticky or hard foods are difficult to remove from wires and brackets and can easily damage them. Food restrictions aren't necessary with the Invisalign system because you'll remove your braces to brush, floss eat and drink.
- Shorter Treatment Time for Adults: Treatment time can be as short as one year for adults. If you're a teen, treatment time typically won't change.
Straighten your smile with Invisalign! Call Mississauga, ON, dentists Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa at (905) 826-4929 to schedule your appointment.
Are you suffering from tooth decay? Do you need your cavities filled, but want to avoid metal fillings? Well, with tooth-colored fillings, that's no problem. Here in Mississauga, ON, cosmetic dentists, Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa can help you get the healthier and whiter smile you want.
Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite resin, are used during dental bonding procedures. The composite is made of plastic resin and a filler of finely ground glass-like particles and is used to fix issues, such as:
- Chips and cracks
- Discolored and stained teeth
- Short teeth
Fillings and Dental Bonding in Mississauga
In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your cosmetic dentist will apply an etching solution to the surface of your tooth, then the composite resin that matches the color of your teeth is applied and molded to the right shape. The last step consists of the composite being hardened in place with a curing light.
Advantages of Tooth-colored Composite
After your doctor has finished the procedure, your teeth will look natural, especially if the tooth being filled is visible while you smile. Some other advantages include:
- Unlike silver amalgam, the fillings won't cause your teeth to turn a gray tint over time and are safer.
- As mentioned before, your teeth will look natural, so you won't feel self-conscious when you smile.
- The composite strengthens your teeth, so you can enjoy your meals without having to worry about applying too much pressure on your tooth and breaking, or cracking, it again
Maintaining your New Bonding
Dental bondings require the same care as all your teeth. Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day, after breakfast and before bed, and floss at least once. This will help keep your teeth healthy and avoid new cavities from flourishing in your new tooth-colored fillings, or any of your other teeth.
For more information about tooth-colored fillings and how they can improve the appearance of your smile, call your cosmetic dentists, Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa at (905) 826-4929. The office is conveniently located in Mississauga, ON, so don't hesitate to call!
How your dentist in Mississauga, Ontario can help your family
Taking care of everyone in your family can be complicated, but there is one way you can simplify your life. Finding one dentist for your whole family can save you a lot of time and headaches. It’s important to find a family dentist who can treat all age groups, because each member of your family will have different dental needs. Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa at Creditview Dental in Mississauga, Ontario want to share the reasons why you should have one dentist for your whole family.
Having a family dentist brings many benefits including time and money savings, and peace-of-mind. When you have a family dentist you will experience:
- Great access to emergency and after-hours dental care, so you don’t have to hunt around for a dentist when you need one
- Convenience because you can schedule multiple family members at the same time, saving you multiple appointments
Comfort because you know where you are going and who you are seeing; you and your family dentist are partners in your family’s oral health.
A family dentist can provide services to all members of your family, no matter what their ages are.
If you have small children, they will need regular dental exams and x-rays to determine if there are any dental problems present. Small children also benefit from regular professional cleanings and fluoride treatments.
As your children become older, preventive sealants are an important step to protect against tooth decay. Recommended ages for sealants are between 5 and 7 for first permanent molars, and between 11 and 14 for second permanent molars.
Teens and adults can both benefit from Invisalign orthodontic treatment to straighten teeth and correct poor jaw alignment. Teens and adults may also need dental fillings and our dentists provide white, tooth-colored fillings which blend in with your smile.
Adults and seniors may need a variety of services because as you age, your smile ages too. Crowns, dental bridges, implants, root canals and many other procedures are available. For a complete listing of available services, please visit the services page on the website at http://www.creditviewdental.com/dental-services-mississauga-on.html
It’s time for you and your family to enjoy the personalized, convenient services of one dentist for your whole family. To find out more about family dentistry and how it can help you and your family, call Dr. Kaplansky and Dr. Randhawa at Creditview Dental in Mississauga, Ontario today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.