Would you take your family to a restaurant which only offered adult drinks and an exotic cuisine? How would that experience satisfy you, your kids and your parents? Dentistry needs are similar. You want the best for every family member. At Creditview Dental in Mississauga, your family dentists, Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa, offer services perfect for patients of all ages.
That's the biggest benefit of family dentistry. Each person coming through the doors at Creditview Dental receives treatment tailored to his or her age, lifestyle and oral health needs and goals. Whether a child, middle-aged adult, teen or senior occupies one of the comfortable treatment rooms, he or she can count on gentle, compassionate, accurate care.
Our Mississauga family dentists strive to create a tooth-friendly, healthy lifestyle for each of their patients, preventing oral health issues and restoring them as the need arises. And, of course, the professional team attends to cosmetic goals. They're important for an attractive smile and positive self-image.
Everyone needs preventive care. That's the foundation of family dentistry. From toddlerhood through the senior years, patients receive six-month check-ups and cleanings which keep smiles bright and detect problems in their earliest stages. Also, Creditview Dental offers the latest in diagnostic imaging, fluoride treatments and plastic sealants, and state-of-the art oral cancer screenings.
For the anxious patient (and they are not just children), your family dentists deliver nitrous oxide and "dentistry asleep" sedation options for a comfortable, fear-free experience. All restorations are pain-free, including extractions (wisdom teeth, too), fillings, crowns, dental implants and gum disease therapy. Dental lasers accomplish oral surgeries gently and quickly.
Finally, your family dentist addresses your loved ones' cosmetic needs with Invisalign clear aligners, today's innovative orthodontic system. Teeth whitening (Zoom!), porcelain veneers and composite resin bonding improve tooth shape and color for the teen or adult whose healthy teeth need just a little aesthetic boost. After all, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the appearance of your smile affects how confident you feel.
Find out more
For three consecutive years, families have voted Creditview Dental their Top Choice in dentistry. You and your loved ones can enjoy the same warm, welcoming environment and exceptional care we're known for. Call today to arrange your routine exams and cleanings at (905) 826-4929. We really look forward to serving all your family's oral health needs in one convenient location in Mississauga, ON.
Cosmetic dentistry can transform your smile and with it, how you feel about yourself. At Creditview Dental in Mississauga, your cosmetic dentists, Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa, craft beautiful smiles for patients of all ages. Whether you're a college student who wants to straighten his teeth, or you're a middle-aged adult wanting to whiten her smile, Creditview Dental can help.
The goal of cosmetic dentistry
Building on healthy teeth and gums, cosmetic dentistry fulfills patient goals of straighter, whiter, flawless teeth and vibrant gum tissue. In other words, Dr. Kaplansky and Dr. Randhawa in Mississauga make smiles as individually attractive as the patients who own them.
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says "Your smile becomes you." A play on words, this statement emphasizes how your enhanced smile changes how you look, how confident you feel, and what others think about your personality.
Your friends at Creditview Dental agree; they deliver personalized treatment plans which make flawed smiles look just perfect for their patients' faces, age and lifestyle goals. Whether it's one simple service or a complete makeover, your Mississauga dentists will exceed your expectations.
There are many, and the professional staff--dentists, hygienists, and assistants--work to acquire the latest and best in diagnostics and treatment techniques. The cosmetic dental treatments they deliver are:
- Composite resin bonding to repair small flaws such as hairline cracks and chips
- Enamel contouring to remake chips, smooth uneven or rough edges, and eliminate fissures and pits
- Gum contouring to even a gum line or remove excess tissue (gummy smile) using a soft tissue laser
- Invisalign clear aligners to straighten crooked teeth invisibly, quickly, and comfortably
- Zoom! Whitening to improve tooth color by several shades
- Porcelain veneers to camouflage defects such as dark discolorations and large cracks
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth and improve jaw bone integrity
- White fillings to restore dental decay without dark amalgam
- Porcelain crowns to cover and protect teeth which have substantial enamel damage or which underwent root canal therapy
Services are delivered singly or in combination to render the brightest, straightest, healthiest smile possible, considering your schedule and personal budget, too.
Find out more
Cosmetic dentistry improves constantly, and so can your smile. So, why not call Creditview Dental today for a consultation with one of our dentists? Call our office in Mississauga, ON, at (905) 826-4929.
Do you feel alone in your oral health problems? Well, you shouldn't! The Canadian Dental Association reports that while decay and tooth loss have decreased over the past 40 years, they still happen. In other words, many North Americans have smile gaps from tooth decay, periodontal disease, traumatic injury, or congenital absence of teeth. At Creditview Dental in Mississauga, Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa fill unsightly and unhealthy gaps with modern dental implants so you can have a complete and functional smile.
The dental implant
Dental implants are a wonder of modern dentistry because not only does they look and act like a real tooth, they also preserve the jaw by exercising the bone every time you bite and chew. This happens by what dentists call osseointegration, a marvelous process whereby human bone bonds to the titanium implant screw. No other metal attracts bone the way titanium does.
Additionally, dental implants may be placed in multiples to support dentures and bridges or they may attach to metal rods inserted into the jaw. Either way, dental implants are super stable and generally last for many decades.
Qualifyng for dental implants
Dr. Kaplansky or Dr. Randhawa may recommend dental implants to their Mississauga patients who have healthy gums, sufficient bone in their jaws, and good overall health. Visual inspection and X-rays give you and your dentist the information you need to make an informed decision about tooth replacement.
If you decide on dental implants, you'll enjoy a comfortable oral surgery right at Creditview Dental. Typically, patients need only simple local anesthetic as the dentist opens the gums and inserts the titanium implant into a pre-drilled hole in the bone. After some weeks of healing (and osseointegration), the site is ready for the metal abutment, which extends above the gum line, and a lifelike porcelain crown.
Denture patients, you should know that Creditview Dental offers mini-implants (MDIs) as well. Inserted in multiples, these devices are about half the size of standard implants and require less bone to be functional. They provide exceptional stability for full dentures, allowing patients to enjoy their favorite foods without adhesives or slippage of any kind.
Close those gaps
Your dentists at Creditview Dental in Mississauga, ON, have a great track record in closing gaps and creating beautiful, durable and healthy smiles. Consult them regarding your tooth replacement options. Call today for an appointment: (905) 826-4929.
Need advice from your Mississauga dentist?
Dental hygiene is essential for your oral health. Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa can tell you tips on how to maintain good oral hygiene to prevent serious dental issues.
If you want to prevent the issues mentioned above, here are some tips your Mississauga dentist would advise you do to maintain dental restorations:
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums over time
- Receiving fluoride treatment and using fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash, or drinking fluoride-containing water, to prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay and help repair teeth
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas
- Flossing at least once before bed will remove food debris.
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea.
There are several procedures you may need to restore the health and function of your smile:
- Root canal therapy: A dental restoration needed when someone has an infected or inflamed tooth that needs to be cleaned, disinfected, and sealed
- Dental implants: Another restorative procedure that replaces your tooth root with a titanium post when you've suffered from tooth loss.
- Veneers: These porcelain restorations are similar to crowns but they are cemented on the surface of teeth to hide unappealing issues like crack, dents, and yellowed teeth.
- Crowns: These are dental caps that fit over weak and/or unsightly teeth to improve your smile and reinforce teeth that are weakened due to dental restorations or dislodged fillings.
- Bridges: This restoration is similar to dental implants but it doesn't replace a tooth root, just the gap left from losing a tooth.
Severe dental issues may result if you don't maintain a healthy dental remedy. If you have any questions, or concerns, about good oral hygiene habits and taking care of your dental restorations, just call Dr. Kaplansky and Dr. Randhawa at their Mississauga, ON, office today!
Have you ever wondered how Invisalign treatment straightens teeth without wires and brackets? Mississauga, ON, dentists Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa explain how the Invisalign process work and share some benefits of the innovative orthodontic treatment option.
Consistent pressure is the key
Changing the alignment of your teeth requires constant, gentle pressure. Adding a system of wires and brackets to the teeth is the time-honored way to correct orthodontic issues, but it's no longer the only option. When you wear wire or ceramic braces, subtle adjustments to the wires every four to six weeks help keep your treatment on schedule.
Because there are no wires with Invisalign, there's no need for adjustments. The Invisalign system uses removable aligner trays made out of clear plastic to realign your teeth. Your trays are designed based on a digital impression of your mouth. We'll consult a 3D image to create a series of trays that will address your bite, alignment or spacing issues.
Each tray in the set is designed to be worn for two weeks. Once you reach the end of the two-week period, you'll swap the set you've been wearing for a new set of trays. Trays should be worn for 20 to 22 hours per day.
Invisalign offers important benefits
If you choose Invisalign treatment, you'll enjoy these advantages:
- Your appearance won't change when you wear your trays. Unlike metal or ceramic braces, Invisalign trays are virtually invisible.
- Improved Comfort: Pain after adjustments and cut lips or cheeks due to loose wires, common problems when you wear metal or ceramic braces, aren't an issue with Invisalign.
- Convenience: You'll immediately regret your choice if you eat popcorn or another forbidden food when you wear traditional braces. Sticky or hard foods are difficult to remove from wires and brackets and can easily damage them. Food restrictions aren't necessary with the Invisalign system because you'll remove your braces to brush, floss eat and drink.
- Shorter Treatment Time for Adults: Treatment time can be as short as one year for adults. If you're a teen, treatment time typically won't change.
Straighten your smile with Invisalign! Call Mississauga, ON, dentists Dr. Brian Kaplansky and Dr. Parneety Randhawa at (905) 826-4929 to schedule your appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.